Saturday, May 14, 2011

Understandable, but unfair

So, they broke the dike this morning. I haven't heard anything yet, but I find it totally unfair. I mean, yeah I understand that they must do it, and that is the right choice, to flood 150 homes "controlled", rather than over 800 uncontrolled. I completely agree with that.  But first of all, how is it even possible to control that amount of water?  The pressure would be unbearable.  Second, the government is basically going to destroy 150 homes purposely, without doing ANYTHING about it. Like don't you think they should reimburse their homes?  Pay for new land?  Give back what they took away from them?  I don't know.. something!  If I was one of those people, I guess I'd understand that it must be done, but I still would be pretty upset with the government.  Like the girl in this video, she understands, but of course, she's still upset.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/1243280.html
-emmy.,

No comments:

Post a Comment