Monday, May 2, 2011

Too much water!!

The high water in Winnipeg is getting serious and is really affecting the people there! First off I think it's scary how the high water has forced some ice into homes over the years and has practically destroyed them. 
^ - Ice destroying homes in Winnipeg, because of high water levels.

Also all this water is probably affecting the citizens in many ways. One is that the water that covers roads has no doubt caused some issues of transportation and made it so there are some places that people can't go to!


^ - Water so high it covers the roads!

I think it would be awful if I couldn't go somewhere because the water was too high or it was unsafe. I think that one way I could connect to it is how every couple years the water level out by my house goes down significantly because the dam releases more water than usual. They are kind of different of how the water goes down instead of up, but it still affected me in a little way. Mainly because my family and I use the water from the lake, and if it were to go down that would mean we wouldn't be able to use as much.

- Kyla!

No comments:

Post a Comment