Wednesday, May 4, 2011

As The Water Rises

new forecast confirms severe flooding in the red river valley

A flooded Manitoba farm.
Holy moly! The flood sure changes peoples lives tremendously. I put these photos up because they really show how the flood can effect people just like that. The bottom picture of the farmland is someones business. That is how they make their money and because of the flood their crops are destroyed. Imagine not having an income during the flood each year. Pretty bad I'd say. Also all the pictures show how the flood stops you form being able to do what you normally do. You may be trapped at your house, (which could be very dangerous) or in the vicinity, evacuated somewhere else or have to use boats or canoes to get from your house to land. Therefore people might not make it to work, school, extra curricular activities etc. This would be frustrating to me because I may not only not make it to school but also to piano lessons and all the sports I play. I would get flustered after a while from not being able to go out and do my normal activities. It would probably be irritating to your guys as well, right? I bet the Manitobans get really annoyed. Especially if they go through it every single year. I know I would get sick and tired of the flood if I'd have to go though it like the people in Manitoba and across the boarder do. It's a true pain in the but!
~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment